Selection Policy for Leicestershire and Rutland Representation at English Schools (ESAA) Track and Field Championships
Posted: Tue, 30 May 2023 10:58
Please see attached document for the full details.
- All athletes must currently attend school in Leicester, Leicestershire, or Rutland
- All times / distances must be submitted using the below form by 23:.59 on 14th June 2023. Athletes who have the standard for more than one discipline may submit them indicating their preferred choice of event https://forms.office.com/e/XuX2TB3efT
A maximum of 40 athletes for the track and field championships team will be selected – Please note that meeting the entry standard does not guarantee selection.
All times / distances must be recorded officially from a verified source and be from the current season. Events not shown on Power of 10 (late results etc) will need to provide evidence of performance including venue and times/distances recorded by a qualified official. It is expected that any event where a qualifying performance is gained will be listed on Power of 10 events listing.
Selected athletes MUST be available for both days and will be expected to make their own way to the event. (Alexander Stadium, Birmingham)
- These will include competitions with qualified UKA officials and wind reading equipment/ electronic timing.
- The entry standard must be met – See the attached table.
- Where a team of 40 has not been filled those with an evidenced performance with a relative percentage closest to the entry standard will be considered for selection.
All selections will be made by the selection committee and all decisions are final.
Round 1 of Selection
All athletes (unless more than 40) obtaining the National Standard (N.S.)
Round 2 of Selection
(Unless 40 already selected) Athletes with the entry standard (E.S.)
Round 3 of selection
(Unless 40 already selected) Athletes with a relative percentage performance closest to the Entry standard.
Once team numbers in any round reach 40 or more, no further rounds of selection will be considered.
When the number of athletes reaches more than 40, the Selection Committee will consider the athlete's relative performances in relation to closeness to National Standard and their Power of 10 (or evidenced performance) ranking at the time of selection. Current form may be used to decide between athlete selection
The Selection Committee reserves the right to select an athlete that does not meet the above criteria. Similarly, the Committee also reserves the right not to select an athlete even if they have met the above criteria.
The decision of the Committee in all matters will be final.
Sarah Hatherley, Shatherley.email@example.com